Customs & Tourist Tariff
Visitors are required to fill up the Custom Form and handover to the concerned on arrival. Following articles are exempted from duty:
- Personal affects and articles for day to day use by visitor.
- liter of alcohol,200 cigarettes,
- Instruments, apparatus or appliances for Professional use.
- Photographic equipment, video cameras and other electronic goods for personal use.
The articles mentioned under c) & d) must be declared in Custom Form. If such items disposed off in Bhutan by sale or gift, are liable for customs duty.
Import and export of the following goods are strictly prohibited:
- Arms, ammunitions, explosive and military stores.
- All narcotics and drugs except medically prescribed drugs.
- Wildlife products, especially those of endangered species.
GROUP LESS THAN 3
The tariff for tourists visiting in group of three or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
The above tariff includes:
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
- All transfer and sightseeing within Bhutan.
- Services of accompanied guide.
- All meals.
- 35%royalty and taxes to the government.
- Riding ponies and pack animal on trek.
- Fees to temples and monasteries.
The above rates apply uniformly irrespective of locations and type of accommodation provided that is approved by the Tourism Council of Bhutan.
Tourist tariff (Executive package is USD 500.00 .There is executive facilities and services. )
Individual tourists and smaller group of less than 3 people shall be subject to surcharges as follows:
Single individual: US$ 40 per night halt.
Group of two: US$ 30 per person per night.
These FIT surcharges are not payable (non-commissionable).
All tourists are required to pay US$ 10 per visit as Tourism Council of Bhutan Fee.
Executive package is USD 500.00 .There is executive facilities and services
Single room supplements
The quoted package rates are valid for accommodation on twin sharing basis and following supplements will be applicable incase of single room accommodation:
For festival season: US$ 40 per single room per night.
For lean season: US$ 25 per single room per night.
As per international norm, 10% of the gross tour payment shall be payable to the principal agent abroad as commission and shall be deducted by these agents at source.
Advance payment in full, for the entire duration of the tour must be deposited ransferred within the specified time frame to Citi-Bank, New York. from where it will be transferred directly to Bhutan National Bank.
All necessary documents, visas, permits are processed on advance payment.
We will provide you with full information on remittance of tour payment, when we cost your requirements.
We recommend that all travelers obtain a short-term travelersai??i?? insurance policy from your country that should cover baggage, helicopter evacuation, medical assistance, etc. We regret to mention this since such policies are not in Bhutan.
Tour programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- Within 30 days of the start of the tour program: No charge
- Within 21 days: 10% of the rate
- Within 14 days:15%of the rate
- Within 7 days:30% of the rate
- Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 50% of the rate
- After arrival in Bhutan: 100%
There shall be no fixed charge for the number of days of delay of visitors due to weather conditions, Druk Air problems or road blocks except for minimum charge on hotel cancellation transport and guide.
There shall be no charge for the number of days of delay in departure of visitors due to weather conditions, Druk Air problems, or road blocks. They will be charged only the actual expenses on accommodation, food, transport and any other services required.
Discount on Tourist Tariff
The following discount shall be allowed:
- DIPLOMATS from foreign embassies/missions accredited to Bhutan shall be given 25% discount on the daily rates.
- There shall be no charge for children up to age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6 ai??i?? 12 years accompanied by elders shall be given 50% discount on the daily rates.
- Full time student below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall be given 25% discount on daily rates.
- A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 persons.
- A 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons. A discount of 10% on the daily rates shall be provided for halts between 11 to 20 nights and 20% discount on halts beyond 21 nights.
- Posted in Travel Info