Bumthang (Altitude 8,530 -13,125 feet)
- Kurje Lhakhang: A temple where Padmasambhava (Guru Rinpoche) left his body impression on the stone while meditating in a cave to subjugate Shelging Karpo. Shelging Karpo was subdued and converted to Guardian of the doctrine and local deity of the Bumthang valley in the 8th century.
- Jambay Lhakhang: It is one of the first temples built in the 7th Century. If you visit sometimes in October/November, you can also witness the Terchham (Naked Dance introduced by Pema Lingpa the great Treasure Discoverer to subdue the evil spirits who obstructed him from discovering treasures which were religious relics, scriptures, statues, etc.)
- Mebartsho: Mebartsho which means the Lke of Burning Fire located in the Tang Valley, about 30 minutes drive from town, is the place from where Pema Lingpa entered the lake with a butter lamp in his hand and returned with it still lighted. This is the lake from where Pema Lingpa first discovered religious treasures.
- Tamshing Lhakhang: Located near the Chamkhar river, this temple is preserves the paintings of the Pema Lingpa, the treasure discoverer. This temple was also the residence of Pema Lingpa.
- Chumey Handloom: In the valley of Chumey, you can also see the ladies at work on the loom weaving the fabric known as Bumthang Yathra. You can buy one as souvenir. The fabric can be used to stitch jackets, bags, table cloths, sofa covers, scarf, etc.
- akar Dzong, the seat of the Governor of Bumthang is an interesting place to viist. Not only does it give a panoramic view of Jakar but also houses the spiritual and temporal seats of Bumthang region.
- The other places to visit in Bumthang are Jampa Lkakhang built in the 7th century by Songtsen Gonpo. It is here that the Treasure Dance is performed during Jampa Drub festival. A little away from Jampa is the Kurjey Lhakhang. It is here that Padmasambhava meditated and left his body impression.
- You can also visit Tamzhing Lhakhang. It is the residence of Terton Pema Lingpa, the great treasure discoverer. Even today, the wall painting executed by Pema lingpa is preserved. Nearby is Koenchosum lhakhang, another temple supposed to have been built in the 7th century.Time permitting, Pesaling Goemba Jakar LhakhangTang Rimoche, Kuenzangdra, Thangbiand Kharchu lhakhang guarantees enjoyable visit.